Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin of penis is tight. Should I go for circumcision?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi sir,
I am a 22 year old male and i have certain queries regarding my penis. Sir, i am not circumcised and the foreskin of my penis is very tight. When I try to pull my foreskin back slowly, it doesn't go all the way. So, sir I want to ask how can i get the foreskin to loosen up and move all the way back? I dont plan to go for circumcision and i wish to get it done naturally. Please suggest me some medications or exercises which can help me in solving this problem. Thanks
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Condition of having tight foreskin of penis called as phimosis. In most of the cases circumcision is required. In untreated cases phimosis is frequently lead to urination problem and sexual problem like erectile dysfunction, pain during erection.

Circumcision is best treatment option.

In conservative approach following are solutions:
-Dorsal slit operation: In this small incision given by surgeon on prepuce.
-Stretching exercise: In this foreskin is manually stretched 2-3 times per day with mild force to widen its opening. It is used only for mild phimosis and take several months to show improvement.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Foreskin of penis is tight. Should I go for circumcision? 2 hours later
Hi sir,
Thank you for your reply. I would like to know that if i decide to do circumcision at this age, is it too late for me? Presently, I am 22 and i have been using the stretching technique you suggested and I see mild improvements. I am just a little paranoid with the effects of circumcision if any. Sir, is there any cream/gel which i can apply while stretching? Thank you for your time and patience. I sincerely appreciate your advise.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Circumcision can be done at any age, even at your age too. It is very safe and easy procedure.

During stretching you can use any lubricant like Vaseline.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.
Regards.

Follow-up: Foreskin of penis is tight. Should I go for circumcision? 42 hours later
Hi sir,
Thank you for your advise. Sir, is it risky to have sex without being circumcised? Since, i am not circumcised and my foreskin is very tight, i feel a lot of pain while having sex. Is it going to hurt my penis in the long run? Also, sir I have one more question while having sex, i don't last for a long duration may be around 5- 6 mints. Is there any way I can control my ejaculation? I have been practicing the Master and XXXXXXX technique recently.
Also sir, while having sex i loose my erection for few seconds and then it gets erected again. Is it normal? Sir, so far as health is concerned , I am an athlete and i have been eating healthy regularly.Also, I am a little concerned about my size.I have 5'' penis without erection and around 6.5'' when erected. Is there any way I can increase my size?
Sorry for asking a lot of questions. My questions may be a little stupid, but still i feel the answers to my questions will get my mind clear. Thank you again for your time and help.

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 5 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Normal ejaculation time is >3 min. So no need to worry.

Normal Penis length is >4 inch. So no need to worry.

For pain, you need treatment for tight foreskin as mentioned above. It will improve erection also.

Wish you good health.
Regards.