Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin of penis does not open properly. Medical cure for this?

Hi Doc .. My foreskin of the penis does not open properly and i feel pain when i touch it in normal condition .It also erects very quickly. Please advice.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Non-tractable foreskin is the cause for all this

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

This is a common problem sir. Do not worry. There are a few remedies for this, and I shall list them out for you.

First of all, there is a technique called 'stretching technique', during which you have to stretch the foreskin for at least 15 minutes everyday and this should provide an easily retractable foreskin within a few months.

The other treatment option is surgery. There are two surgical options available:
- A small incision is made in the foreskin, this will help open the foreskin and will not cause any discomfort whether it is erect or flaccid
- A circumcision: During this procedure they will remove the foreskin. This will help in providing better hygienic issues and also help in improving sexual intercourse

The issue with easy erection, is perfectly normal sir. The tight and non-retractable foreskin could be applying pressure on the muscles of the penis resulting in easy erections.

So please speak to a surgeon for the same and seek treatment sir. This is a simple and common problem, and is easily treatable sir. Please do not hesitate to schedule a visit to your doctor. I hope this information helps you sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarfications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Foreskin of penis does not open properly. Medical cure for this? 6 minutes later
Can you please give me some reference (doctor) in kolkata. Should i use any oil while stretching ? ans how can i stretch it for 15 mins
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sure sir; yes you may use oil and just pull

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir.

I will try to find a doctor in Kolkata and get back to you if want a contact, but you can contact any general surgeon for the same as this is a very simple procedure sir. But, I shall provide this information to you when you write back to me the next time.

Yes sir, you can apply an oil on the region and stretch your foreskin for a while. How much ever time you can stretch it (for 2-5 minutes), then wait for a minute and then again pull it. Let the foreskin just stretch, stretch it for as long as you can and then let it relax again. Do this for at least 15 minutes a day, everyday. This will take time, but will certainly help.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.