Foreskin is attached to penis through strip of skin, pain when move foreskin back. Is it normal?

My foreskin is attached to top and bottom part of glan(head) through a strip of skin when I got erection, I feel pain if I move back my foreskin ........ generally I see people having problem with the bottom part but I have problem with top.
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for using this forum for your health concerns.

I am Dr. Chobufo Ditah, a general physician and I will be helping you with this worry today.I am very happy having this opportunity to talk with you about this health problem.

If the foreskin is attached to both the upper and lower surface of the glands, then it will greatly limit the movement of the foreskin and more so during erection. As movement is restricted, the pull at these attachment points will cause you to feel pain. This can be disturbing for your sexual life. This is not very common but a possibility.

What am I proposing to you?....The best and easiest way out of this is to consider the option of circumcision. This is a relatively risk free procedure with minimal complications. It can be done under local anesthesia as an out patient procedure. Healing often takes about a week and all is fine. The only problem here is that it may be a culturally sensitive issue, though medically advised because it reduces the risk of contracting STDs. If you are culturally concerned about this, then the next best option may be to do a minor surgical procedure to liberate one of the points of attachments to enhance free mobility of the foreskin and reduce the pains you feel during erections.

I hope this helps. I will suggest you XXXXXXX and discuss this possibility with your urologist if you so desire the above options.

I wish you good health. Feel free to contact me if you want more information or have some more worries concerning this problem or the proposed solution.
Chobufo, MD