Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin has tiny cuts and hurts to pull it back. What could be the cause?

hi im 36 years old and my forskin has had tiny cuts on it I cant pull it back now to clean it as its going to tear I try in the shower but it hurts . I havet had sex for 3 weeks what could be the problem pleas help
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

As you know thrush is an infection caused by fungus candida albicans

This can affect both male and female

Ideally, when one partner is affected, both the partner should be treated SIMULTANEOUSLY, even if the other one does not have symptoms. Or else, it is bound to recur at some point of time

If you are using canesten cream that contains clotrimazole, a topical antifungal, then yo are likely to be benefited by adding a oral antifungal drug.

Usually in such scenario , one can should not fiddle with the area to much on his own, not to apply to much force so as to open on your own, can apply local ointment (containing clotrimazole plus neomycin plus hydrocortisone) till you see your dermatologist. Do not indulge in sex till that time.

Prolonging the effective treatment might aggravate adhesions and fibrosis in and around. Therefore a quick dermatology consultation along with your partner must help