Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin does not completely slip backwards, might create problems after marriage. Kindly advise

Hi Doctor,
The foreskin of my penis doesn't slip completely backwards as its formation is such that from one side the skin is very small in length because of which it pains if I try to push the foreskin backwards totally and I think it might also create some problems after my marriage. Kindly advise a solution.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Vineet Malhotra 1 hour later

You seem to have a condition which results in a tight frenulum (part of foreskin attached to shaft of penis). The ideal treatment for this is a frenuloplasty, which allows lengthening of the frenulum of the penis. It is a minor surgical procedure and is performed under local anesthesia. You may consult your local urologist for the same.

Alternatively, a steroid ointment (clobetasone) maybe used locally with some benefit.

A physical examination by your treating urologist will help him to decide the correct option.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries that you may have.

Dr Vineet Malhotra