Ask a Urologist   »  

Foreskin attached to penis tip and painful to have intercourse. Should I go for circumcision?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hello Doc,

My foreskin in attached to the tip of the penis. I tried to have sex but it was very painful for me and i couldnt do that. Do i really have to go for circumcision or its normal for the first timer
Posted Sun, 13 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Since it was your first time , I advice you to use lubricant like KY Jelly next time. If the same problem persists, please get the foreskin examined by a surgeon if there is infection. Infection can be treated. If not infection, it will be phimosis, a condition in which extra skin grows at tip of penis. It would need circumcision.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF and infertility specialist.