Foreskin appears red with bumps and have irritation. Had yeast infection and took antibiotics. What to do?

My foreskin appears very red with irritation and small bumps. I recently had a male yeast infection from antibiotic usage and today I was in the sun quite a bit therefore sweating all over. Just wanted to get your opinion and treatment.

I was tested less than a month ago negative for HSV1 and 2 and am not sexually active. But, I would like to rule out that this does not look like herpes as well just for peace of mind.

Also please ignore any white places you see. That is clotrimazole cream I put on for now until hearing further advice.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 26 hours later

Having seen the attached pictures, I can assure you that the skin lesions are not those of herpes infection.
Herpes presents with development of fluid filled vesicular lesions which are grouped and are associated with severe pain and discomfort.
However, it is not so in your case.

You have tiny red raised papular lesions over the foreskin which point more towards the beginning of a fungal infection or candidiasis.
You have recently had a fungal infection and seems like it was not completely treated and thereby, you have developed a recurrence of the same.
HSV 1 and HSV 2 tests being negative a month back give us an indication that you have not been infected by the same . Also you have not been sexually active since a month .
So you need not worry about Herpes infection. Rather take complete treatment for candidal infection .

Hope it helps,

Any other queries, please let me know.

Dr Geetika Paul