Forehead skin got black after removing sticker. How to remove the black pigmentation?

I had a sticker on my forehead and i removed it. After removal the area on my forehead has got a black XXXXXXX and its looking odd. Please help me to understand how to remove the black XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The darkening of the area below the sticker is likely due to an inflammatory reaction in your skin to the sticker. It is called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
This can result from a number of conditions including any mechanical stress or mild trauma to the skin.

It is treated by :(1) the use of daily sunscreen (with a sunscreen protection factor of 15 or greater) - to prevent further pigmentation
(2)a variety of topical creams are used including topical steroid creams, hydroquinone and tretinoin cream.Success can be acheived with only one of these agents but in many persons a combination of creams is required

You may want to consider visiting your doctor to let him or her see the area involved. Most of the creams require a prescription.

I hope this helps,feel free to ask any other questions