Forehead bulge, growth hormone problem

i am 21 yrs old
i have a bulging on left and right part of my forehead from past may yrs(around 7-8 yrs). i consulted an orthopaedic surgeon. he told that it may be due to growth hormone problems.

please tell me the tests to check the growth hormone levels.
i am 5'7" tall with 73 kgs weight.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

An irregular fusion of the skull sutures may cause bulges in the forehead and is something that has happened some years ago. Right now your growth hormone levels might come out normal.

Such an irregularity in the bony fusion needs a thorough evaluation including serum GH levels, Testosterone levels, X-ray of skull, CT scan, etc., to know the exact cause of your problem.

Any abnormality in the growth hormone levels is also associated with height discrepancy, enlarged palms and feet, etc.

Please visit your physician to undergo physical check up and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.