Forehead and eyes swollen due to exposure to sun for two days. What should I do?

I was in the sun for two days and my forehead and both eyes are almost swollen shut. What should I do? Should I go to the doctor
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 25 minutes later
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This apparently is a type of allergy,either due to exposure to sun or some allergen.Since there is no redness or discharge you can put anti allergic or astringent drops and take a anti allergic tablet .Such allergies start improving in a short while.
If you do not start showing improvement in 24 to 36 hours then a doctor is to be consulted to revise the diagnosis.