Forearm injury, movable lump, little pain

I banged my forarm a week ago, I scuffed the skin but got no bruise however a small peasize lump has appeared. Its not really painful but it does move an inch if I press at one side of it, if I then press the other side it goes back to where it was.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 4 hours later

You had minor trauma and it is very good sign that you don’t have bruises and pain and other signs of muscle inflammation that can lead to complications.

That “lump” what you are feeling is very probably small hematoma that usually in your case is self-limited and no need worry about.

In such cases just remember to apply ice and rest for first 24-48 hours. As I said you have no serious problem, because similar contusion happens daily to hundreds of athletes and many of them self-limited.

You can try physical therapy like hyperthermia, therapeutically ultrasound that will help your recovery.

I wish you quick recovery and if you have any additional concern regarding your question I would be happy to help.

Good luck and Take care.
Follow-up: Forearm injury, movable lump, little pain 38 hours later
Cld you give me an idea as to how long the lump will take to go. I know it cld vary in different people but just an idea so that if its still there after you say I may need to see a doctor but only if its really necesary.
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 23 hours later

It should go away in a week's time in most people.

If it does not subside in a week, then you may see your doctor. However, I am sure it will go away soon.