Forearm injury, lump under skin, painless, movable. How to make it go away?

Critical Care Specialist
I fell on my forearm and had very little bruising but a decent size lump under the skin, larger than a quarter. The lump swelling is going down, however I noticed a smaller sac like lump when I pull my skin tight. It looks smaller than a dime and protrudes much more than the rest of the injury. It is almost like a vein is inflated, painless, and it can move. It has been over a week and I am wondering what it could be and how to make it go away.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 4 hours later

That sounds like hematoma or blood collection it should resolve on its own. However you may help by applying warm pads on it daily that will collect more scavenging cells to the area and will help resorb it faster.

Hope you get better soon.

Do write back if you have more queries to ask.