For what acamprol, librium, anxozap, evion lc, nanoknd, leveril forte and pantakind lc are used for?

Hi Doctor,

I have been given following medicines

These are all medicines afte food.
Acamprol - 3 per day 1 -1-1.
Librium 10mg 3 per day 1 -0 2
Anxozap 15mg 1 per day 0-0-1

Medicines befor food.
Evion LC 1 per day 1 -0-0
NanoKind 1 per day 0-0-1
Leveril forte 2 per day 1- 0-1
Pantakind LC 1 per da 0-0-1.

I have been taking this medicines for the last 10 days, May I know why have his tablets been given and how will it help me
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 22 minutes later
Dear friend,

Welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Since you have not mentioned your history and symptoms or reports, I can only tell you what these medicines are meant for.

Acamprol- Acamprosate is a drug used for treating alcohol dependence.
Anxozap- Oxazepam is used to relieve anxiety. It also helps you sleep if you have problems sleeping.
Librium- chlordiazepoxide is a benzodiazepine tranquilizer used for a calming effect.
Liveril Forte- offers High strength sylimarin to protect liver and optimizes liver function efficiency.
Evion LC and nurokind are vitamins E and B12 respectively for their anti-oxidant and neurotonic effects.
Pantakind –pantoprazole is for gastritis (acidity reduction).

All these in combination are used to treat alcohol dependence and withdrawal syndrome and liver effects of alcohol.

I would be able to answer more specifically once I get the details of your symptoms.

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: For what acamprol, librium, anxozap, evion lc, nanoknd, leveril forte and pantakind lc are used for? 45 hours later

Thank you very much for your prompt response

I have been having this medicines to reduce the dependancy of alchol as you rightly said; I have not been consuming alchol for almost 16 days now, I have started taking the medicine's controlling me for a week with out alchol and then started this medication.

The medication is given for 15 days, after 15 days would the urge and dependancy of alchol would totally reduce, Kindly suggest. Also I do smoke, is there any medicines where I can comeout of that too.

Please advice. Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 27 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

The response of the above medications is subjective; it may take a period of weeks in some and more in some to reduce the dependency.

You can try Nicotine dermal patches or chewing gums to quit smoking. These are safe and very effective.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.