For no known reason, experiencing sharp stabbing pain in ankle

Question
For no known reason, experiencing sharp stabbing pain in ankle area.....much like a bad bee sting...goes away, then returns... for no reason...no swelling...no bruise...very weird
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to tendinitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You seem to have achilles tendinitis. You need to do stretching exercises of the ankles. Google out for the techniques. Youtube videos can help. Proper and regular stretching exercises can bring it in control. You may also need to take antiinflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or naproxen. Be sure to take them in full stomach. Hot compress may help.

Let me know if I could help further.