For dark bown urine,is medical attention required?

ihave dark bown urine 2X tonight! 1st time. should Igo to ER? or see primary care i the morning. Is this a posible serious event? Thinks.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hematuria Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query It looks like you are having Hematuria ( blood in urine ) which is probably due to the anticoagulants which have been put for the cardiac condition. Anticoagulation needs to be titrated for the same. I suggest the following 1. Approaching the ER is strictly a clinical decision and it's difficult for me to quantify the blood loss however red flags would be dizziness , breathlessness and extreme weakness 2. Please give your urine for examination , platelet and inr 3. Usg abdomen and pelvis has to be done to looks for bladder Please approach a hospital with nephrology, cardiology and internal medicine specialities as soon as possible I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me Regards