For blood clot precaution is there a risk in taking aprin at different times?

General Surgeon
I have been on estrogen and asprin a day As precaution for blood clots for one and off for fertility trial . I started again 2 weeks ago , i am concerned because i had no iidea that i was suppose to take the asprin same time everyday. I take all differnt times of the day? I only found this out because i googled a missed dose. I am a nervous wreck about this. I forgot my dose today so i am already scared about that.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ideally to be taken at fixed time (Chrono-Pharmaco Detailed Answer: Greetings of the day Dear XXXXXXX I would like to reassure you that there is not much clinical significance when aspirin is taken at different times. It will not reduce the efficacy to any clinical significant level. Half life of platelet is 7 days, so for the efficacy to completely be reduced the to pre drug level ,the aspirin has to be missed for 7days. Missing occasionally for a day will not affect the efficacy. I advise my patients to take the missed dose whenever they remember about it and continue the regular dose. Ideally Aspirin is advised to be taken at fixed time. But if you used it at different intervals, don't be worried. Start taking them regularly at fixed times (preferably in the afternoon). I hope it helped I would be glad to assist you further if you need any further assistance. Wishing you happy and healthy life Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak XXXXXXX MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Surgeon