For about five or six years now I have what

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2016
Feb 2016

General Surgeon
Question
For about five or six years now I have what I believe is hemorrhoids. Itching, sometimes feels like ripping if I strain or a poop is too large or big. I have ibs and herd and I poop a lot lol. Sometimes there is bright red blood when I wipe. It seems like they come and go. I heard about anal cancer being the same symptoms. I asked a doctor and he said after five or six years it would have metastasized and I would be dead or have other symptoms by Now from it spreading. The only other thing I have is severe pain in my lower abdomen all area when I have to poop sometimes. I don’t know if the two are related. I investigated the area with a mirror the other day to make sure it all looked okay. There appear to be two dark blue or purplish lumps. They do not protrude externally. I had to stretch to one side for them to emerge. They are not hard or feel they have a body to them at all. The almost seem like a blood blister in softness. I didn’t even feel them will investigating the area. Just saw them. My understanding is if it were a tumor it would feel more like a mass or a harder area. Denser with more body to it and it probably wouldn’t be purple. So you confirm with all my research and do not believe I should be concerned about anal or rectal cancer? There does not seem to be changes in my bowel habits or shape.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Lump

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think of cancer as explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Noted the history well and understood your concerns.
Considering the symptoms duration and your age the history does not look to be that of cancer.
Looks more like a combination of hemorrhoids and fissure too. The soft feel and the appearance is most probably due to hemorrhoids and the feeling of ripping and blood on wiping indicate fissure.
Constipation or hard stool is the causative factor.
You have IBS too, that is irritable bowel syndrome that causes the symptoms of pain all over lower abdomen and the straining thus caused enhances the problems further.
Pregnancy and delivery enhance the symptoms.
Your Doctor has correctly said about the long duration of the problems indicate benign nature that is not suggestive of cancer as by this time there would have been lots of problems.

I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.