For about a week, I've occasionally had a throbbing/pulsing in

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
For about a week, I've occasionally had a throbbing/pulsing in my upper left arm (a few times a day) - usually in the bicep or inner elbow area that matches the pulse of my heartbeat. It isn't painful, per say, just has kind of a weird full feeling. I have no other real symptoms; no chest pain or pressure, no shortness of breath, no sickness, etc.

I had radiation and cisplatin treat on 2013 for right tonsil cancer (HPV+), if it helps to know this.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Doesn't look like a cardiac issue

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that as per the symptoms mentioned by you it doesn't seems to be a cardiac issue.

However considering your age group and a previous history of drug therapy with Cisplatin as well as radiation therapy it's advisable that you should get atleast an ECG and ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY done to rule out any underlying cardiac issues.

And if both of these comes out to be alright there won't be any reason to worry.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap