Foot was slightly bend while playing cricket. Still have pain. How to cure it?
User rating for this question
My left foot was slightly bend during playing cricket few months back in April 2013, later on there was swelling for at least 2-3 months. Slight pain I still feel in my left foot. What is the correct method to cure it. X-ray report was normal twice.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Soft tissue injury - Rest with Elevation of limb Detailed Answer: Hai, Thanks for writing in, Since Xrays were normal twice, it should be only soft tissue injury or sprain. You didn't mention the exact site of injury or swelling or pain in your foot. From your complaint, i presume that it should be Ankle sprain (which is the most common injury in contact sports). For any soft tissue injury rest to the part is very important. In case of sprains it would be preferable to go for POP cast immobilisation. Since the time of injury is more than 6 months, just restriction of activities with anklet and elevation of the limb is enough. If you still feel that the pain is significantly affecting your activities, then plan for MRI of the affected part. Get well soon.
People also viewed
- How to cure foot pain mostly noticed while standing
- Is surgery recommended for osteophytes
- What is causing severe pain near hip bones during pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for foot pains
- How to cure nerve pain
- Why is my wrist swollen and have trouble walking
- How to cure muscle pain
- Can a pinched nerve cause sharp pains under the armpits
- How to cure upper foot pain while on pravastatin
- Noticed a sticky liquid run down the leg
- Fuzzy vision and salty taste
- Fuzzy white spots throat
- Medical term for fuzzy teeth
- White fuzzy mold on stool
- Furry tongue and pregnant