Foot was slightly bend while playing cricket. Still have pain. How to cure it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My left foot was slightly bend during playing cricket few months back in April 2013, later on there was swelling for at least 2-3 months. Slight pain I still feel in my left foot. What is the correct method to cure it. X-ray report was normal twice.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Soft tissue injury - Rest with Elevation of limb Detailed Answer: Hai, Thanks for writing in, Since Xrays were normal twice, it should be only soft tissue injury or sprain. You didn't mention the exact site of injury or swelling or pain in your foot. From your complaint, i presume that it should be Ankle sprain (which is the most common injury in contact sports). For any soft tissue injury rest to the part is very important. In case of sprains it would be preferable to go for POP cast immobilisation. Since the time of injury is more than 6 months, just restriction of activities with anklet and elevation of the limb is enough. If you still feel that the pain is significantly affecting your activities, then plan for MRI of the affected part. Get well soon.