Foot rash, joint pain, stomach pain, diarrhea, vitamin B12 deficiency, dehydration. Reason?

I have frequent rashes on my ankle and foot, chronic joint pain and have had recurrent stomach pain for months, and diarrhea. One of my blood tests indicated dehydration. No one seems to know what could be wrong.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

Frequent rashes on ankle and foot , chronic joint pain and recurrent stomach pain with diarrhoea - all these symptoms might happen due to allergy to a common food item like gluten.

You can remain on a gluten free diet for few weeks and see if it improves.

Second possible cause can be irritable bowel syndrome associated with erythema multiforme or eczema.

You need to take it easy to digest oil free food with plenty of fluids along with an over the counter anti diarrhoeal and see if there is any improvement. For skin rashes you can use 1% hydrocortisone ointment topically.

You may get the initial physical examination, relevant tests and treatment done under care of your physician.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.