Foot itches mostly when go to bed for sleeping. Cause?

My right foot itches. The itching happens mostly when I get in the bed at night to sleep. I amnot diabetic. I keep my feet clean. What causes this. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic reaction,insect bite or sting..

Detailed Answer:

Have you checked your feet for any skin problem other than itching: wound, cracked, dry skin? Is it possible to send any picture of your feet?

If your feet are clean and no visible problem is noticed, then, most probably is a temporary allergic reaction to something new you are having at home (especially related to your laundry, new softener, or changed detergent).

Or perhaps it is due to insect bites - have you noticed any problem similar to insect bite or sting in the morning when you wake up or at the moment of itching?

Hope it helped!

Feel free to write to me any other concern you might have!