Food not getting digested, feel stuck in throat. Hard time burping. Suggest medicine?

what kind of medicine, and what 's for, I have something like, the food I eat doesn't go down and stucks for awhile in my throat and I have a hard time burbing.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The symptoms seem to be in keeping with GERD or gastroesophageal reflux. This can cause the feeling of food being stuck, burning or discomfort in the chest, bloating, acid taste in the mouth, excess salivation, nausea, excess burping.

Some persons may experience only a few of these symptoms and others may experience all or most of them.

Treatment involves lifestyle changes and the use of medication.
Lifestyle changes involve the use of small meals, avoiding fried/fatty/spicy/acidic foods, reducing the use of mints/chocolate/caffeine/alcohol and tea.

There are different medications that are used for treatment, the first set of drugs used if the symptoms are not too bad are pepcid, zantac or axid.

If these medications do not work or the symptoms are very bothersome then the following are used:prilosec, prevacid, nexium , aciphex.

Some of these medications can be obtained over the counter.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Food not getting digested, feel stuck in throat. Hard time burping. Suggest medicine? 20 hours later
Thank you Doctor M.G XXXXXXX for the advice, it's true I eat fatty, fried foods, I will try to change my ways of eating. Starting now. I don't drink softdrinks, but last night I had a 7-up, it made me burp little, still gasing in my mouth yak. I don't like to take pills or any other perscription drug, but the doctor gave me pantoloc to take it this morning and I did, I don't feel heavy in my chest or throat today, I ate my breakfast. I don't want to continue to take pills, what should I do now? to get it off the pill?
Thank you again very much.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 25 minutes later

To avoid the use of medication you would have to employ all the lifestyle changes mentioned.
Some persons still need medication even though they make the changes but you can try and see if the dietary changes and small meals help you.

Please feel free to ask anything else