Food gets stuck in abdomen area. Endoscope and blood work said erosions and loose food pipe. Remedy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I have been suffering from loose food pipe, and the food's getting stuck in the abdomen area - when I try to push it in by drinking water, it's just coming out. I've had a recent check up in India, they did endoscope tests and blood tests and told me that there are erosions and a loose food pipe but I was in a rush and never got any medication from them, now the problem seems to be complicated, because am not able to eat food, constantly feeling hungry, i could feel my stomach sticking into my body. Please, provide me assistance with this problem. Thanks
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

What I understand from your history is that you are suffering from reflux disease.

There are chances you have a hiatus hernia.

As you have mentioned you have a loose esophagus.

Going through your medical history I learn you have stopped cintapro. This medicine you need to continue.

Till you get back with your full endoscopy report here are few suggestions:

Do not wear tight clothes
Take small frequent meals
The last meal of the day should be atleast four hours before going to bed
Raise the head end of your bed
Do not stoop
Manage your stress levels

Get back to me with all your reports and I will help you out.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Food gets stuck in abdomen area. Endoscope and blood work said erosions and loose food pipe. Remedy? 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for the quick reply. Please follow the attachment of my endoscopy and blood test reports. This problem has been really eating me in and out, and although my university health insurance referred me to the hospitals, there are no appointments available for the next 8 weeks.

Also, what ever I eat or drink is not reaching the bottom of my stomach because I could hear sounds from the bottom part. I keenly, would like to request you to provide me further assistance for this problem.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later

Thanks for providing the reports.

I have gone through your reports.

There is increase in neutrophils, which is non specific and increases in any infection in the body, even in cough & Cold.

The endoscopy report is diagnostic, as I have clinically mentioned there is lax lower esophageal sphincter.

The definitive treatment for the same is surgery only.

But you can get conservative treatment in form of Proton Pump Inhibitors & Prokinetics and the follow the suggestions I have mentioned earlier.

Surgery advised would be Fundoplication, we wrap a part of the stomach over the lower end of esophagus through open or laparoscopic surgery.

Hope all clear, Reassure yourself and if you do not have further queries, do accept my reply.

Get Well Soon.