Following strict diet due to acid reflux. Need to take multivitamin?

hi i have been following strict diet mainlyboiled bottle gourd (ghia)and brown rice or yellow lentil from last 3weeks coz of acidity/reflux.
can you pls suggest whether do i need to take any multivitamins as ihave been following same diet??
can you pls suggest what else i can have in my lunch and dinner??
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 days later
Brief Answer:
Yes, Multivitamins are essential now

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Gastroentrology, working with an experienced Nutritionist. I answer on his behalf.

Yes, I would consider it essential for you to consume multivitamin supplements as you are strict diet.

I would consider it safe for you to consume other vegetables and fruits as they do not aggravate gastritis. Also taking fiber supplements like Psyllium husk would help. It does come in brand named ISOBGOL. A spoon of this has to be taken with a glass of milk or water in the night.

Hope, I answered your query.