Followed a slow carb diet. Over ate on cheat day. What is the shaky energy that I experienced?

I recently did a 1 week slow carb diet, and yesterday was supposed to be my cheat day. I had 2 donuts for breakfast, a sandwich and a hummus plate (with pita bread and vegetables). All day I had overwhelming shaky energy. Is this something I should be worried about?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 hours later

I think you should not about what is going on with you. You are just doing fine.

For most people, a free day is beneficial because it gives them a break from the "diet mentality. So it is mainly a psychological reason and nothing proved scientific. It gives you a day where you can indulge in otherwise forbidden foods. That can help you to not feel deprived, which in turn helps you to stay "on plan" on other regular days.

I think this "a day off" feeling you more energetic where you are able to choose to eat favourite food. Monitor your BP, Pulse, Temperature and blood sugar on safe side if you have any medical condition like Diabetes, Blood pressure or Heart disease.

Hope I have answered your query.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place. Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Follow-up: Followed a slow carb diet. Over ate on cheat day. What is the shaky energy that I experienced? 8 hours later
Here was a look at my diet. In the past day I haven't really had the issues that I had the day before with the excessive energy.

Starting weight: 216 lbs
Breakfast: grilled chicken strips and salsa
lunch: 8 oz flank steak, salad, black beans
dinner: 2 chicken burger pattys, tons of brocolli, red beans

Morning weight 211.8 lbs
Breakfast: 2 eggs, salsa, red beans
lunch: Chipotle burrito bowl: both beans, barbacoa meat, 3 kinds of salsa, guacamole, mixed peppers
dinner: salmon, brocoli red beans

Morning weight 211 lbs
Breakfast 3 hard boiled eggs
Lunch: Chipotle Burrito bowl: both beans, steak, 3 kinds of salsa, guacamole, mixed peppers
Dinner: 2 chicken burger pattys, broccoli, black beans (magnesium pill before bed)

Morning weight 210.2 lbs
Breakfast 2 eggs, 3 strips XXXXXXX bacon, black beans (potassium pill)
lunch: grilled chicken strips, spinach leafs, and snap peas,(potassium pill)
snack: peanuts, and beef pepperoni stick
dinner: 2 italian sausages, mixed XXXXXXX peppers, pasta sauce
post dinner: 1 piece of raisin bread, 1 werther original candy

Morning weight 209 lbs
Breakfast 2 eggs 3 strips XXXXXXX bacon, black beans and snap peas (potassium pill)
lunch: XXXXXXX bacon, mayo on whole grain bread
dinner: chicken wings with ranch, a few fries, 6 beers

breakfast: 2 donuts, hot chocolate
(felt very jittery)
late lunch: italian sandwich, hummus, pita, vegetables
(felt very energetic)
dinner: a few sugar snap peas
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 hours later

I read through your diet chart, and I feel its absolutely good, follow the same and be regular with them ,in the meantime, you could have something good on your cheat days as well

Wish you good health.