Follicular study showed follicle of size 16 mm and mild free fluid in POD. Is there any chances of conception?

Hi Doctor,
I was advised a follicular study and on day 14 the dominant follicle measuring 16mm has ruptured. Report says that there is mild free fluid in POD and Endometrail thickness is 9mm.
Is this premature ovaluation that is non-ovulatory in nature? Is there any chance of conception if I stay with my better-half around this time?
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
The follicle of size 16 mm is mature enough to release a viable ovum. Since the endometrial thickness is also favorable, the chances of conception are present in this cycle. You need to be with your husband for next 48 hours after the rupture of the follicle for a successful conception.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.