Follicular study done, ovulation cramps and discharge started. Will I be able to conceive?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hello doc,my last lmp was on 11april evening.my doc put me on follicular study and on 20 april/day 10th i had RO size ie 12*13mm and ET 5.1mm.i was givenGMH75 on 10th and 11th day.i had size of follicular on 12th day as 17.5*18.8mm and ET is 8mm.my doc has given me fertigyn0000 0n day 13th and i was told to have contact with husband .we had unprotected contact on 20 april late night and 22april early morning.due to work fatigue we could not have on 23april and on 24th april morning.ovulation cramps and discharge have been started since 23april .we now planning to have contact tonight onwards but we are a bit scared that i will b able to conceive or not???
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 2 hours later

It is perfectly fine to go ahead and try from today.

The sperm normally will be alive for 24 to 48 hrs unlike the egg which lives for a day.

So the chance that there might some live sperm still is high.

You can relax and try this month.

Wish you luck.

Hope to have answered your query.

Dr Nandita Thakkar

Follow-up: Follicular study done, ovulation cramps and discharge started. Will I be able to conceive? 47 minutes later
how much time does it take to ovulate after taking fertigyn 0000 injection.

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 27 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

It normally takes 36 to 40 hours after human chorionic gonadotropin injection (fertigyn injection) for the ovulation to occur.

Dr Nandita Thakkar

Follow-up: Follicular study done, ovulation cramps and discharge started. Will I be able to conceive? 19 hours later
hello doc,i had been given fertigyn 0000 on 23april at 1245h.i went for the TVS on 24aprilat 730pm that was my 14th day.report shows raptured follicle with ET 13.5mm.as explained in my first query me and my husband unfortunately could not have contact on 23/24 both the days .today we both going to clinic and will have husbands sperm IUI at 2pm .
Q1.as u said It normally takes 36 to 40 hours after human chorionic gonadotropin injection (fertigyn injection) for the ovulation to occur. are there still chances of conception or egg has been already fertilised as u ?
Q2.can we go for home self insemination today eve and tommorow morning?
Q3.we both are stressed out pl explain in detail.

Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 13 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing back.
The first thing that I’d like to emphasize is that you need to stop worrying. The stress will harm both of you.
Please get an intrauterine insemination done as it is one of the simplest procedures. As far as the chances of conception are concerned, it is unlikely that it occurred but the most important thing is that you need to stay relaxed and it would work. Please try with IUI otherwise just try normally

Home insemination is a couple’s decision and you can try if you wish to

I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow ups.
Dr Nandita Thakkar