Follicular study done. What does the report suggest? Chances of getting pregnant?

May 2013
Hello Doc,

My wife has undergone Follicular study for 4 sittings, 12th, 14th, 17th and 19th day this month. The report reads as follows,
12th day - ROF = No dominant follicle, LOF = 1 X 1 cm, ET = 0.6 cm, POD = No free fluid
14th day - subcentimeter follicles, 1.3 X 1.2 cm, 0.8 cm, No free fluid
17th day - subcentimeter follicles, 1.9 X 1.6 cm, 1.1 cm, No free fluid
19th day - subcentimeter folicles, 2.3 X 1.7 cm, 1.36 cm, No free fluid
Both ovaries are normal in size, shape and echo texture.

I would like to know the meaning of this report. Does "No free fluid" means she is not ovulating? Is it a serious issue or can't she get pregnant without it? She has been taking "Ovacare" and "B-Long F" tablets from past 40 days under doctor's recommendation.

Please help.
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

according to your wife ultrasound report there is possibility of poly cystic ovarian disease, as it is showing features like,
-multiple sub-centimeter follicles,
-anovulation etc,
normally after ovulation we will see free fluid in pouch of XXXXXXX
and by reaching 1.8 to 2 cm ovulation has to be completed,

so taking these into consideration you consult your doctor and with her advice take HCG injection for rupture of follicle and to ovulation to occur,
if you plan intercourse around that time there is possibility for pregnancy,
if not in next cycle also she has have to continue treatment for PCOD, and ovulation induction drugs.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.