Follicular study done. No free fluid in POD. Is the report normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
hello doctor,

i done my follicular study in ninth day the report is RT Ovary MM 24 X 23, LT> Ovary MM MSF, ENDo. Thick 8.0 and no free Fluid in POD. kindly advice this report is good or bad for ninth day
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX

According to your scan report:
-The ovarian follicle in right ovary reached sufficient size to rupture.
That is why you doctor advised HCG injection to you.
After taking the injection the ovum can release in 24 to 48 hours.
So you plan unprotected intercourse around this period which will increase the possibility of pregnancy.
-Left ovary may be having medium sized follicle. As one ovary is having dominant follicle, no need to worry.
-Your endometrial thickness is good.
-No free fluid in POD indicates that ovulation not yet occurred.
Finally your report is good.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Follicular study done. No free fluid in POD. Is the report normal? 41 minutes later
kindly advice best position of intercourse for getting pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Usually man on top position is better to get pregnancy. You should stay in lying position for 15 to 20 minutes after intercourse, which will help in movement of spermatozoa.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Follicular study done. No free fluid in POD. Is the report normal? 24 minutes later
What precaution should i take? for getting pregnant

-Plan intercourse around the time of ovulation.
-Start folic acid prophylaxis from now-onwards.
-Take progesterone supplementation after ovulation, if your doctor recommends.