Foley catheter in place, medical history, masturbation possible ?

can one masterbate with a foley catheter in place?
I am 55, weigh about 290, 6 ft tall and no serious medical history.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 31 minutes later
Hello sir,

As for your query, I would strongly discourage masturbation while a foley catheter is in place. The main reason for this is because the act of masturbation with a foley in place can lead to significant trauma to your urethra and potentially to the bladder as well. It could cause significant bleeding as well and possibly contribute to the development of a urinary tract infection. I hope this answer has been informative and helpful to you. I am available for your followups.
Follow-up: Foley catheter in place, medical history, masturbation possible ? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for your medical adivice. I appreciate your responce and have no further questions.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 50 minutes later
It is my pleasure. I wish you continued excellent health.