Fluttery feeling in chest. EKG showed non specific abnormalities. Why am I getting these feelings?

I have been having , feel like flutters in my chest for about a month now on and off. I went to see my PCP, they did an EKG and said it had non specific abnormalities. I sent it to my cardiologist and he said not to worry and scheduled me for an appointment that is 2 weeks away. I'm very anxious and don't know if waiting 2 weeks is ok?
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 48 minutes later

I think there is no reason for worry and you can wait.

You have been examined by your PCP and EKG is also done, if something serious has been diagnosed you could have referred right away and some treatment must have been started.

Apart from heart problems the commonest reason for this kind of feeling is anxiety. Try to look for this.

In mean time please keep a watch on your pulse and feel it. In case you fine that they are very irregular please inform your doctor.

Other wise wait for the next appointment with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask again if you have something more to ask.