Fluttering in the groin area. No pain. What are the reasons?

I have a flutter in my right groin area that is not painful at all but it is noticeable. It started about three weeks ago and stops every now and then. I am XXXXXXX active 42 year old male I train about 6 days a week and I do a lot of cardio when in the gym this came out of nowhere. Can you please help me before I go to the doctor because I have no health insurance .
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I understand your concern and will try to address it.

Normally people who do lot of physical exercises tend to get these muscles twitching. And these generally go away shortly.

But if these twitching or fluttering remain for a longer time then you should get yourself evaluated for it and likely causes can be Low calcium or VIT D, Low sodium or potassium, Anaemia, Hypothyroidism, Low serum B12.

I advise you to take proper fluids and salt after your heavy workouts and give proper attention to your diet specially taking care of proper calcium and VIT D intake.

Take more of leafy vegetables and fresh fruits.

If your symptoms persist then consult your doctor for proper examination and investigations as rarely there can be some neurological problems.

I hope to have answered your query; however you can revert to me for any follow up.

Thanks and best of luck.