Fluttering in chest, occasionally. What does that mean?

ENT Specialist
a fluttering below my left breast not all the time i am a 67 year old male
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 42 minutes later
Hi, thanks for the query.

Well, you are 67 years old otherwise normal healthy male.

Fluttering in any part of the body, without any previous medical condition is normally due to localized muscular hyperactivity.

So, the cause of your problem is just muscular. For this you need not to worry. Just take a course muscle relaxant like chlorzoxaxone twice a day for 3 days. Please get this prescribed from your physician.

Don’t worry, you will be all right. It’s just a benign and very common condition.

Hope, this will help you and I am ready for future follow-ups (if any).