Fluttering feeling under the rib cage, burning sensation above pubic area. On diet pills and birth control. Symptoms related?

Hi I'm a 18 year old female. I weigh aprox. 116. I'm taking a diet pill but I'm also on lexapro,Trazadone, and a birth control. I've been having a fluttering feeling under my left rib cage it comes and goes but when I move it also feels like it's moving but within the same area. I've also been having burning sensations just above my pubic area could they be connected?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later

The symptoms of fluttering in the chest can be due to the side effect of diet pill that you are taking.

You need to check with the active ingredients of the pill, as most of such pills cause cardiac stimulation and increase the work load on the heart. You can also stop taking the diet pill for a few days and see if your symptoms improve.

Burning sensations above the pubic area is not likely to be related with the medicines you are taking. This seems to be a nerve related paraesthesia and taking methylcobalamin supplements can help with your symptoms.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
If you are satisfied with the answer I request you to accept the answer.