Fluttering feeling above the stomach area. Causes?

i feel fluttering above my stomach area
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 27 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long do you have this Problem?
2.) Do you get chest pain?
3.) Do you have difficulty breathing?
4.) Do you have pain abdomen or diarrhea?

The fluttering in this region could be related to Heart, as it could coincide exactly with your heart beat. The other possibility could be, if you are slim, you could feel the pulsations of artery there or it could be any vascular structure (related to a blood vessel) of some sort and needs to be evaluated further.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Cardiologist first, if he/she founds no issue, you may want to get a Opinion from a Gastroenterologist.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.