Flukes coming out of scalp, more are moving, How can they be removed at home?

Oncologist
Question
my partner has had 4 flukes come out of her scalp. she still feels more moving. we treated initially for lice and this is how we found the flukes. they didn't like the Nix treatment. We were terrified to see flukes, approximately 1/2 inch long fall out of her hair. then I combed her hair after and found 2 more and killed them. Is there anything we can do at home to get them out and removed with out going to doctor?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

Honestly there is no good home remedy for these flukes which you have observed. If the topical remedy has not worked so far it is absolutely necessary that you visit with a position for a full consultation and focused examination to take care of this in a definitive fashion.

Also I need to remind you that is extremely important that you wash all clothes as well as bedding in hot water two or three times to try to make sure any remaining reproductive elements of these flukes are completely removed. This may take some time for you to complete but it is very important that you do so.

Again this is something that you will need to visit with your physician to have treated definitively.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert