Ask a Urologist   »  

Fluid sacs on penis and testicles, loss of erection. Done blood, PSA and CAT scan, normal. Advise?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi there. I seem to have developed fluid sacs on my penis. They change position according to the way I'm sitting, are not painful, and if I depress them, they seem to move and relocate. My testicular sac is also retaining fluid, so much so in fact, that a urologist I went to found it difficult to find the testes. He performed blood tests, PSA, tests for disease, and I also had a thoracic cat scan which revealed nothing. Once the tests came back negative, he cut me loose and told me to go live my life. I cannot seem to sustain an erection now, and the ones I do have are much smaller. I want my life back! Any advice you might have would be appreciated.
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later

You do not have to worry about this problem. Your doctor conducted tests to rule out prostate malignancy. From the description you have given it appears to be a bilateral hydrocele which has envisaged the proximal part of the shaft of the penis. As a result you have problems during erection. With time there is chance of further increase in size of the swellings.

The condition can be cured by surgery only. The surgical procedure is not complicated nor does it involve any significant risk. The cure rate is very high. After surgery you have high chances to get back your life. With the fluid drained you can have better erections than what it is now.

So next step would be to find another Urologist who can speak to you for sometime and educate on the surgery, the advantages and disadvantages. You can take a call then.

I hope this helps to resolve.

With regards