Fluid in chest, mucus in throat, burning sensation near heart

Feb 2013

Hi, I am feeling fluid in my chest and mucous come all the way to my throat and I am feeling burning sensation in my heart side
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Before addressing your complaints, I want to know about the following:

Do you have cough, throat pain, and fever?

Do you have symptoms of acidity?

Do you have any wheezing?

Any history of asthma?

Fluid feeling in the chest and mucus in the throat are due to upper respiratory tract infection due to which mucus is produced.

And the burning sensation in your heart side is due to some gastritis or acidity.

And reflux of acid into esophagus and the throat will lead to cough in gastroesophageal reflux problems.

Therefore I advise you to provide more information in your follow uo query regarding your complaints.

Follow-up: Fluid in chest, mucus in throat, burning sensation near heart 7 minutes later
Thank you
I do cough when I feel I want to spit out the mucus. No fever, I had like itching throat 2 weeks ago, no fever, I have allergy, no asthma. But lately I am snoring too much. One I went to the physician and he said I have hyperacidity and I have to follow a diet but I am not compliant. but the burning sensation now is bothering me a lot.
Do you think I need chest x-ray since I am feeling the mucus and fluid sensation?
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 55 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

You are having cough with mucus (Productive cough).

It may be due to upper respiratory infection, allergy, or due to hyper acidity causing reflux.

Snoring occurs temporarily with throat infections.

For cough and mucus, you can take a cough syrup containing an expectorant and mucolytic.

Hyper acidity has to be managed by following diet suggestions and with medications like omeprazole in prescribed dosage.

Chest X-ray may not be required as your symptoms are not looking like due to the lung involvement.

Therefore I advise you to consult your Physician for the examination of respiratory system and for the prescription of the medication for your acidity and cough.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.