Fluid gush out of vagina after having sex. Should I be worried?

Question
Hi I had sex 2 days ago today I had fluid gush from my vaginia twice can you please advise thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 18 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
I would like to know few things:
what kind of fluid actually escaped; clear fluid, blood mixed, pus containing, foul smelling, urine like etc. i.e the color, smell & consistency?
How much was the gush? give your estimate please.
Are you menopausal or you still have periods?
Do you have any urinary problem?
There could be a number of reasons for this problem.
This could be just excessive normal vaginal discharge or may be a sign of infection. Rarely this may occur due to some unexpected pathologies like collection of pus or fluid inside the uterine cavity which may have escaped suddenly or may be some undiagnosed cancer ( God forbid).
So, correct way to sort this out is to see a Gynecologist get yourself examined clinically & have one trans-vaginal ultrasound scan to make sure all is well inside you.
If this is a single episode & your clinical examination & tests are normal you can be relaxed otherwise you may need further tests to find out the cause.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you need more help.
wish you good health.