Fluid filled cyst in the naval. History of abdominoplasty, colectomy. Have nausea, no fever. Anything to be concerned about?

General Surgeon
After getting out of the shower this am, I suddenly noticed what appears to be a quickly growing (because it wasn't there yesterday) fluid filled cyst protruding out of my navel. Over 10 years ago, I did have an adominoplasty and a total colectomy, along with several other abdominal/bowel surgeries. It is warm to the touch and appears to be a little blood tinged inside. Yesterday, I did have a some sharp pain in the lower right quadrant every time I moved. I just chalked it up to an adhesion or something and ignored it as much as I could. I am feeling somewhat nauseous, no fever that I can tell. Should I be seen by an urgent care now or do you think it could wait until Monday. I am concerned about accidentally popping it, not knowing what it is. The surface of the cyst looking thing doesn't look extremely fragile, but then one never knows.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later
Thanks for nice query.     
In a 59 year old women with multiple surgeries 10 years back like total colectomy followed by Sepsis and vaginal fistula and two ileoostomies followed by bowel reconstruction and Hysterectomy; Left Ooperectomy; Cholecystectomy; Abdominoplasty.

In a known case of Crohns Disease, Chronic Pancreatitis, Adrenal Fatigue, Sleep Apnea, Left MCA (Middle cerebral artery)Stenosis with recurrent attacks of TIA's (Transient Ischemic attack)

Sudden appearance or protrusion of cyst out of navel suggest some incisional or umbilical hernia ,but hernia don`t develop so suddenly .

As it accompanied by some what nausea only and nothing else significant

As you don`t have any fever and significant pain so chances of infected blebs or cyst are quite less .

If your sign and symptoms don`t deteriorate or increase ,you can wait till Monday , otherwise it is wise to have urgent consultation .
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”