Fluid filled bump appeared on outer vaginal lip. Sore to touch. Any idea what could this be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I just found a round pimple like object on the outer inside lips of my vagina pretty far away from the opening. It was a little sore so I squeezed it and fluid clear a little white and then blood came out. It has appeared to have shrunk in size. Any ideas! I have been married for 16 years and I know stds are out of the question.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 7 minutes later
There is possibility of bartholin abscess.
Bartholin gland lies between the upper two thirds and lower one third of the labia minora.
When the duct of the gland gets blocked, cyst forms.
When the cyst gets infected abscess occurs.
So you better consult gynecologist and get examined. By taking antibiotic course the abscess can subside.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Fluid filled bump appeared on outer vaginal lip. Sore to touch. Any idea what could this be? 7 hours later
Since I have popped the pimple it has decreased drastically I am having a hard time locating it. I can tell it was there because it is a little sore. This is a first for me and it kind of freaked me out when I found it.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later
Yes, if you are not having much pain you can let out the pus. This will help in healing of the lesion.
After consulting the doctor she may prescribe some local antibiotic to you.
That can help in complete cure. No need to worry, this is a minor problem.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.