Flucloxacillin, stabbing pains under right ribs, reaction to drug

I started flucloxacillin yesterday; have taken 5 capsules so far (500mg). Am getting sharp stabbing pains under right ribs and sometimes across stomach soon after ingesting a capsule. This started from the 2nd dose. I have had stomach problems in the past with 'myacin' group and amoxcycillin. Should I stop?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 51 minutes later

You could be having a reaction to the drug. I would suggest that stop this drug now.If would be advisable to consult your doctor for a different group of drug if you still have symptoms.If you have had similar complaints with amoxacilin then its possible thats why you are having these side effects. Amoxacilin and flucloxacillin are both from the same class of drugs.

Please note in your medical records about this reaction so that you are not prescribed the same class of drugs next time by any doctor.

Get a change in drug type and all should be ok.