Flu, vomiting, diarrhea, mild fever, gas, loss of appetite. Treatment for diarrhea?

I had a brief spout of the flu began Thursday evening with a vomiting spew and diarrhea. I took the day off Friday because I had become very achy and developed a mild fever--I figured the flu. I slept the day off, but the fever was back and forth all day and night. Finally, today, I feel much better (just a mild head ache) but now I've been having terrible gassy rumblings in my intestinal region. My concern is now my bowel movements are nothing by pure yellow, liquid and they are happening about once an hour (not extensive, but enough to make me worry). They are "shooting" out in spurts. At this time, I have no other pain, no fever, or aches. I'm slowly getting my appetite back, but haven't been able to eat anything very substantial. I've been taking lots of liquids.I've had only chicken noodle soup and crackers. I was able to handle half a sandwich this evening. I've only committed once (Thursday)
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 minutes later

I would like to correct you, what you have suffered from is not the flu but acute gastroenteritis. In gastro enteritis it is common to have diarrhea it is common to have loose, watery, foul smelling stools which could have bursts. Since your fever has settled down but the loose stools still remain I would like you to take some pro biotics, these are available as over the counter medications approved by FDA or as a home remedy you could take curds.

For the time being,
Take plenty of fluids. You could try sips of water containing a pinch of salt and a spoon of sugar, it causes good rehydration
Take rest, dont exert yourself
Avoid spicy food. Follow a bland diet.

Have a speedy recovery
If there is anything else i could help you with please let me know. I will be happy to help