Flu vaccine has not been refrigerated for several days. Can it be used?

Our flu vaccine has not been refrigerated for several days since arrival. Can it still be used or should we discard it?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Guru 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, you should not use it.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic!

I suggest not to use it. Vaccines are stored at strict temperature conditions. If this temperature chain is not maintained, they not only be ineffective but may also be harmful sometimes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health!