Flu symptoms, residual tickle in throat and irritating cough, food feels stuck. Why is this happening?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Cold/flu symptoms began Dec 16th. Residual tickle in throat and irritating cough now a month later. Sometimes I can't catch my breath from the cough but mostly it is an annoying tickle in the left slide and intense need to cough, Throat also "clicks" when I swallow (perhaps around where an adam's XXXXXXX would be if I were a guy) and some foods like carrots feel "stuck"
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Hello ,
The description of your symptoms may indicate laryngitis, or Laryngotracheobronchitis or a chronic infection all of which can cause such irritability in vocal cord region and dry hacking cough.
The treatment would depend on the diagnosis and would usually include orall antiinflammatory analgesics, antitussive drugs, antibiotics or steroidal medicines if needed.

You need to consult an ENT surgeon for thorough examination and investigation to confirm the diagnosis and start appropriate therapy.
Meanwhile you can do warm saline gargles and steam inhalations thrice daily for faster healing.
Cough suppressing syrups containing antihistamines and codeine might be helpful.