Flu, dry cough, headache. Taking paracetamol, ibuprofen. Is it a matter of concern?

Hi, I live in Mumbai, India. think I may be having a flu. I got dry cough on 29th Apr and high fever. Have been taking a paracetamol or brufen tablet around 2 or XXXXXXX 3 times a day. The fever has reduced systematically and today morning (5th May) I feel better but still have low fever around 99F. No sore throat, very mild headache, very low cough. Should I be worried that there is still a low fever or is this normal course for a flu or viral fever?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 25 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of seasonal fever, mostly viral.

Still it is more then 5 days since you had fever, visit to a doctor and check up is required.One has to look for some other infections like throat infection,chest infection etc.

Normally viral fever should subside within about 3 days.

Please do the following which should help.

1. Drink plenty of liquids, lemon juice, soups, juices better
2. Take light diet; avoid fried foods and soft drinks
3. Take proper rest
4. You can take tablet paracetamol for fever as per need.

Please visit your family physician and get your self examined. After examination he may advise some blood tests as per the need.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.