Fleshy lump passed with period. Was it a miscarriage? If not, what was it?

I had a small lump of flesh colored tissue with my last period it was about 1/2 inch long and was shaped like those pics of an embryo, was it a miscarriage and if not what was it? should I be worried
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later

If you had your periods on time and you are taking Yaz regularly then it is not likely to be an embryo.

The small flesh colored tissue you noticed with your menstrual blood is most likely a piece of ‘endometrium’ which is normally shed every month during the periods. The shed tissue is a part of our normal physiology. So rest assured. There is nothing to worry.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Fleshy lump passed with period. Was it a miscarriage? If not, what was it? 2 hours later
I'm taking the Yaz b/c of my PCOS and had actually skipped my period the month before even though I had not missed a pill. I didnt call my OBGYN cause i dont have insurance and couldnt afford the 130 bucks to go in.

I'm sorry I'm kinda asking the same thing, it's just I'm scared something could be wrong
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Missing the periods while taking oral pills is a common thing. It does not mean that you are pregnant. Since you had normal periods now it means there is nothing to worry. You can continue taking the treatment for PCOD as suggested by your gynecologist.
Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.