Fleshy clot on pad, no pus or smell. Can you help?

Infertility Specialist
i just went to the toilet and on my pad i seen a clot but it wasnt blood it was like a piece of meat, i have tried looking on the net for answers but cant seem to find anything it wasnt pusy or smelly but i am a bit worried i am 25 i have 2 children and healthy can you help?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Following are possible explanation for the fleshy mass you have passed:

1) Most likely it is an organized clot (old blood clot and shed endometrial tissue covered with fresh clot). Since this could be shed endometrial tissue with sticky blood clot, it may look like fleshy substance to you (meat like).

As you have no other health problems, I feel that is nothing by a blood clot. Hence don’t worry about it

2) However if you were suspecting pregnancy or had missed your periods for a while (since you have not mentioned about it), it could be an abortion.

3) Infection is another possibility. But as it was not smelly or infected appearance, I don’t think it is infected mass.

Since you do not complain of any other associated symptoms and it has happened only once, it’s most likely to be clot with endometrial tissue. Hence please don’t worry about it.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any more queries. Do accept the answer if you do not have any other queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol