Ask a Dentist   »  

Flesh colored bumps inside bottom lip, excess skin on cheek, hard and sore lip. Mouth cancer?

I have flesh colored bumps forming inside bottom lip. Have excess fold of skin on side of cheeks. Went to a specialist 6 months ago, said the excess skin on cheek is where the skin gets between my teeth. So, now, I have all this weird excess fleshy colored tumor things growing all over inside my bottom lip. Last week I thought I had a cancer sore on floor of mouth by gums. It is now just hard and this mouth cancer, or what? Really nervous.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Suzanne, if you will provide me some relevant detail, I will be in a better position to guide you.

1. Are you taking any medicine for the sore?
2. Since how many days you have this bump inside your lower lip?
3. How thick is this skin fold on your cheek?
4. Is it painful?

The probable cause could be a mucocoele, lip bite trauma or even a fibroma.

I do not think this is mouth cancer as of now.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Gunjan Gupta