Flat brown spot appeared on clitoral hood. Should I be concerned?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I have discovered a flat brown spot on the right side of my clitoral hood. Is this something I should be concerned about. I am 49 years of age?
I can send you a pic if you need to see it.

Thank you,

XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

The spot is appearing as mole which is brown in color.
Moles on the labia minora, clitoris etc are rare compared with moles on other parts of the body.
Your mole is having benign characteristics like:
Regular in shape.
Flat surface.
Regular margin.
Diameter less than 0.6cm.
Evenly pigmented.
So at present only observation is needed.
You observe the mole regularly. If any change in the above characteristics occur, like increasing size, changing color, itching, bleeding etc symptoms develop, consult doctor immediately.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Flat brown spot appeared on clitoral hood. Should I be concerned? 9 minutes later
Thank you so much. I have other questions. Should I submit it to you seperately.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
You are welcome. You can ask your followup questions here, no need to submit separately.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Flat brown spot appeared on clitoral hood. Should I be concerned? 8 minutes later
Really need a vaginal lubricant as I am so dried out. Any ideas? Also, I want to know if there is a topical testosterone cream that can help with sex drive?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
Just for lubrication purpose any lubricant and analgesic jelly can be used like xylocaine jelly.
But according to your age there is possibility of estrogen deficiency which might have leading to dryness.
So better to use estrogen creams which will help in decreasing the dryness and also in increasing the moisture of the tissue.
But as estrogen creams can have side effects you must consult gynecologist once before using them.
Though some studies suggesting testosterone cream to increase the sexual drive in women, it is may not work in all women. And also it is not approved treatment by FDA.
And can also have side effects.
The dryness and other problems may be responsible for your decrease sexual drive. So once you get treated for them, this can get corrected automatically.